Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Thanks for Your Concern - But I'm Safe

I want to start off by voicing my sincere gratitude for the hundreds of you who called, emailed, text messaged, Facebooked, Twittered, and FedEx-ed your deep concerns for my safety on the campus of ASU these past couple weeks.

I want to let you all know that I am safe and have not been accosted again.

For the very small minority of you who don't know what I'm talking about and who obviously didn't care enough about me to say, "hey, be safe man" or "dude, watch your back" - here's what's been going down at ASU...



Needless to say - attending my two classes a week this semester at the Tempe campus has been a nerve racking experience. I am worried about the safety of my personal space and my chest at all times.

Indeed, as you may have heard already - I did have a close encounter with the perpetrator this last week.

I was tapped on the shoulder but with my cat-like reflexes turned the opposite direction so as not to expose my left breast.  I was able to see clear as day the offender and with the help of my close friend Mujahid-Alam and his car we were able trail the melon-grabber at a distance as he tried to make his stealthy escape.  I took the following video.



Unfortunately - he was able to sneakily evade us by weaving in and out of traffic.  The proper authorities were notified.

This latest experience has left me more aware of my surroundings and therefore safer as I walk on campus.

Once again thanks for your prayers. Just please pray that this pervert is caught soon.

Thanks.

2 comments: